From day 1 you will take over the strategy, day-to-day management and optimisation of our SEM clients – to make it your own and make changes as you see fit. You will be a fresh set of eyes on well established, long running campaigns.
You will start by unpacking a client’s marketing problem and learning about their customers through keyword, competitor and audience research. Then you’ll be deep diving into the account, identifying potential SEM problems and opportunities to deliver on a diverse range of client needs.
For new clients, you will be in charge of end to end client builds or restructures, so you can set the foundations for optimal campaign performance.
You will be responsible for optimising one of the strongest performing marketing channels for our clients by ensuring traffic acquired from Google and other performance marketing channels meets client’s performance goals. You will be constantly pushing the limits, trying new things that haven’t been done before and looking for opportunities to drive value.
With your in-depth knowledge on audience development, you will move users through the customer journey by intelligently marketing and remarketing to them. You will also be involved with business development and improving internal processes.
You will be creating and maintaining dashboards and reports that match up with client goals. Using data, you will be pulling out meaningful insights that matter to the client. You will know what information to call out and how to explain why this matters to their business’ bottom line.
Together with the Account Director, you are expected to build and maintain genuine relationships with all the people you deal with. Our team and clients will depend on you for troubleshooting day-to-day SEM issues.
Potentially, you will be supervising, training and mentoring junior team members which will involve allocating tasks, overseeing quality control and conducting performance reviews.
You project a quiet confidence and prefer to let your strong SEM knowledge and work speak for itself.
Some people might say you’re a little OCD. You enjoy building out meticulously tightly-themed accounts with a highly organized hierarchy so it’s ready for search query and creative optimisation. You believe in carefully checking the accuracy of your tracking and attribution so you can have full confidence in the data you are sharing.
You are committed to squeeze every ounce of value from your SEM budget with granular targeting and constant fine tuning.
You aren’t afraid of wrangling large data sets to make it work for you. You thrive in Excel and genuinely enjoy working out what’s going on in there and other data visualisation tools.
You have insights on how the auction mechanism works so you know how to push it to its limits to achieve our client’s goals, using a combination of automated and manual optimisation techniques.
Coming up with the solution is only half the job. You are well spoken, and can translate SEM speak into layman’s terms. You are a persuasive storyteller that can explain your SEM insights to a non-technical client so they can be on-board with your recommendations and help you action them in their organisation.
You enjoy problem solving: connecting the SEM dots with marketing and business matters. You treat a client’s budget as if it was your own money.
You have a curious mind. Always having a thirst for learning more. You have an authentic passion for search technology and digital marketing.
You are comfortable in managing your own workload, proactively taking on projects and tasks, and making informed choices in a timely manner.
Need to have:
- 2+ years experience in a position where you’ve been responsible for SEM and can demonstrate positive SEM results
- Experience with using 3rd party management platforms like SA360, Kenshoo, or Marin
- Know how to pull data out of Google Analytics and/or Adobe Analytics, and tell a story with the data
- You are an Australian citizen or permanent resident
Bonus points if you have any of the following experience:
- Agency/client services
- Attribution modeling
- Power BI or Tableau
- Digital Marketing for Travel or Retail sites
In return for your passion and drive we can offer:
- Flexible working conditions: we understand that great work can be done outside of the traditional Mon-Fri 9-5 routine. We are big fans of Jason Fried’s ‘Office not required’ philosophy: Full Measure aims to work together, remotely, from any desk, in any place, anytime, anywhere. We currently all have the option to work from home on Fridays, which the whole team does most weeks.
- Connection to a fantastic culture of brilliantly minded, hard-working, honest digital marketers who are masters of their game and are more than happy to share their knowledge.
- Long term, happy clients that all came from word of mouth, whose businesses give us plenty of variety, and challenge the team to grow our skills and capabilities.
- Easy commuting – we are located right opposite Southern Cross train station at the Hub’s flagship co-working space in Melbourne CBD.
- Flexible workspaces – while we have a private office suite at the Hub, our staff can also take advantage of all the different workspaces available on the premises: meeting rooms, telephone booths, break out couch areas, communal tables surrounded by plants, and quiet zones.
- State of the art office facilities – you’ll get full 24/7 access to the Hub’s amenities including secure bike parking, shower and towel service, gym, meditation room, full kitchen with free tea/coffee, members cafe, access to networking events, plus free beer and wine on a Friday afternoon (if you are in the office).
- Attractive salary package and benefits that reward you for your talent and experience.
We think you’ll like it here.
Full Measure Digital is an inclusive and equal opportunity employer where we aim to attract, support and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We encourage people of all types and backgrounds to apply.
To apply, please contact us with:
- Your cover letter that includes the answer to this question:
- Describe an SEM experiment that you’ve set up. Talk about your process, results, and hypothesis.
- Your resume (LinkedIn profile link is an OK resume substitute, as long as it’s detailed and up to date).
- Your start date / notice period.
- Your salary expectations.
We are looking for someone with outstanding attention to detail. Cover letters that don’t answer the above points will be rejected immediately, so please take the time to compile your application.
If you have any questions before applying, please call Ross MacKenzie (Head of Operations) on 0447 341 686 for an off-the-record chat.
We can’t wait to meet you.