You will be seen as the helpful, SEO subject matter expert supporting our SEO Account Director by providing SEO expertise and strategic guidance to a wide range of clients – everything from airlines and department stores, to owner operated businesses.
You will start by unpacking a client’s marketing problem and learning about their customers through keyword, competitor and audience research. Then you’ll be deep diving into the client’s website, identifying current SEO problems and opportunities. From your insights, you will be strategising with your team members to create an actionable, effective SEO plan.
Coming up with the solutions is only half the job. Helping your client’s execute your SEO vision is just as important. You will be explaining your SEO recommendations to an audience with mixed SEO experience using a variety of formats, such as:
- creating and responding to JIRA tickets with developers
- translating technical issues for a non-technical audience in a technical audit
- presenting a linking opportunities deck in a face to face meeting to a content agency
You will attempt to reverse engineer a competitor’s SEO strategy so the client can understand what their competitors are doing right, doing wrong and identify opportunity gaps.
You will be building and maintaining dashboards and reports across a range of SEO metrics that match up with client goals. You will monitor and analyse the numbers and report back to your team on any insights or anomalies found and what your recommended next steps are.
While you are not leading the account, you are expected to build and maintain genuine relationships with the people you deal with. You will help clients with any questions or concerns as they arise.
Your time will be split across:
- Technical 30%
- Content, User Experience, Links 30%
- Reporting 20%
- Account and Project Management 15%
- Staying up to date with SEO news 5%
We are looking for all rounder search marketers. We would rather hire someone who understands the multiple facets of SEO, than someone who is just very advanced on the technical side i.e. It’s more important to us that you can explain to a client why their content isn’t well suited for a keyword query, than someone knowing all the Screaming Frog’s regex commands off the top of your head.
You are well spoken and can translate SEO speak into layman’s terms. It’s important you can explain your SEO insights to a non-technical client so they can be onboard with your recommendations and help you action them in their organisation.
You will enjoy problem solving, not just SEO issues but also marketing/business matters. You understand SEO metrics and how they impact a business. It’s all well and good to know how to obtain numbers out of Google Analytics, but you have to be able to tell a story with that data.
This role is perfect for someone who wants to build onto their existing SEO/digital marketing career and is looking to become a Head of SEO or SEO Account Director in the near future.
You will need 2+ years experience in a position where you’ve been responsible for SEO and can demonstrate positive SEO results.
Having agency/client services background is an advantage.
Good knowledge of these tools:
- Google Search Console
- Screaming Frog
- Ahrefs or similar linking tools
- Advanced Web Rankings or similar ranking tools
- Google or Adobe Analytics
- Excel and large data sets (you’re comfortable with Vlookups and pivot tables)
- PowerPoint and Google Apps
Bonus points if you have any of the following experience:
- PowerBI or Tableau
- Comfortable using backend CMS such as WordPress, SiteCore, Magento
- Paid Search / AdWords
- Digital Marketing for Travel or Retail sites
You must be an Australian citizen or permanent resident.
In return for your passion and drive we can offer:
- Competitive salary package and benefits that reward you for your talent and experience.
- Flexible working conditions that understands great work can be done remotely or outside of the traditional Mon-Fri 9-5 routine.
- Fantastic culture of brilliantly minded, hard-working digital marketers who are masters of their game and are more than happy to share their knowledge.
- Long term, happy clients that all came from word of mouth, whose businesses give us plenty of variety, and challenge the team to grow our skills and capabilities.
- Easy commuting – we are located right opposite Southern Cross train station at Hub’s flagship coworking space in Melbourne CBD
- Flexible workspaces – while we have a private office suite at the Hub, and can offer you a stand-up desk in there, our staff can also take advantage of all the different workspaces available on the premises: meeting rooms, telephone booths, break out couch areas, communal tables surrounded by plants, and quiet zones.
- State of the art office facilities – you’ll get full 24/7 access to the Hub’s amenities including secure bike parking, shower and towel service, gym, meditation room, full kitchen with free tea/coffee, members cafe, access to networking events, plus free beer and wine on a Friday afternoon.
Full Measure Digital is an equal opportunity employer where we aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender, marital/parental status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation and gender identity.
We encourage people of all types and backgrounds to apply.
If you have any questions before applying, please call Anne Chiew (Co-founder/Director) on 0412 835 172 for a confidential chat.
To apply, please contact us with:
- Your cover letter that includes the answer to this question:
- Tell me about a time an SEO strategy went wrong. What did you learn from it?
- Your resume (LinkedIn profile link is an OK resume substitute, as long as it’s detailed and up to date).
- Your start date / notice period.
- Your salary expectations
Cover letters that don’t answer the above points will be rejected immediately, so please take the time to compile your application.
We can’t wait to meet you.